Every golfer should be required to read “Golf is Not a Game of Perfect”. The book, by Dr. Bob Rotella, gives us solid and simple advice that will help you get rid of the amateur frame of mind that keeps most golfers from improving their game and reaching their potential. Golf can be a serious mind-fuck that will drive you crazy if you have a poor psychological approach. My biggest take-away from this book is to learn how to trust your swing on the golf course and to avoid coaching your swing during a round. I highly recommend this book to all golfers who have not studied the psychological aspect of golf. Visit Dr. Bob Rotella’s website to check out all of his books.
Listen to the short audio preview above, and read some of my favorite Dr. Rotella principles below…
- People by in large become what they think about themselves
- There is no such thing as a golfer playing over his head. A hot streak is simply a glimpse of a golfer’s true potential.
- Before playing any shot, a golfer must lock her eyes and mind into the smallest possible target
- To score consistently, a golfer must think consistently. A sound, consistent pre-shot routine makes it easier
- The quality of a golfer’s practice is more important than the quantity, particularly for better golfers.
Thanks to audiobookmturk14 for uploading this audio preview of Golf is Not a Game of Perfect.